THE NATIONAL COALITION OF UNPOSTED GRADUATES DUE TO NTC FAILURE HAS PETITIONED GES FOR RECRUITMENT.
The Collation Of Unposted Graduate Teachers has petitioned the Government for immediate recruitment.
The petition was dated 17th October 2022 and addressed to the National Teaching Council(NTC) giving ten(10) reasons for their immediate recruitment and opening of the NTC portal.
The full statement reads as below;
PETITION TO CALL FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF TRAINED GRADUATE TEACHERS DUE TO GTLE FAILURE
The collation of unposted graduate teachers petition your high office in respect to the previous results that showed by Ghana Teacher license Examination .
We consider our unemployment as at now, as an unjust and discriminatory for the following reasons that;
1. This has not been the norm over the past years that after writing the GTLE and have a resit you have to write again to redeem yourself but in our case we have resit and the portal has not been open, it should have been open by September for us to redeem ourselves but till now October has not been open.
2. We the university graduate teachers and the trained teachers all went through the same educational system, completed same year, duly served our nation for one year equally, sat for Ghana teacher licensure examination. But due to the déficit of the GTLE in one or two papers we have not been posted.
3. We have come to plead with you to open the portal for us to redeem ourselves in other to meet with the recruitment this year by Ghana education service.
4. Furthermore we plead with you to allow Ghana Education Service to post us and later redeem ourselves or if possible post us and hold our salaries till we will be able to redeem ourselves.
5. We are here with this petition because we are the last batch of diploma and our clearance will expire December and aside that God willing next year there is going to be a reform in the writing of GTLE to the degree students in colleges of education.
6. Some of us applied for students’ loans from the Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) to finance our studies which is still accumulating interest every month we are not working to pay them.
7. We have conducted research and have realized that most of our schools need our services and some are still without teachers since we finished our National Service Programmes.
8. Some of us have written the exams for four times others too have written two to three times , we have batches from 2018 to 2020 who are still in the house because of one or two papers.
9. We are highly depressed and suffering from various forms of torchers both from our family members and the community leaving us with sleepless nights.
10. This situation may increase various forms of social vices in our dear country.
In conclusion we the qualified graduate teachers pray and believe your office together with other stakeholders involved will as a matter of urgency remedy the situation we are in, to maintain the sanity in our educational sector.
We hope our petition meets your urgent and kindest consideration.
Click To Download Full Statement
The general secretary of the coalition
The general spokesperson
Evans Arthur Evans Arthur
(055 317 9477)
Awudu Jawad selasie.